Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Latvian Spring

Latvian mitten in spring... with latte macciato (knitting on the balcony).
Latvian mitten in spring... with daffodils.

Willi writes that she's "Walking The Line" with the mittens. ; ) The temperature in Berlin has been 18-22C (mid-60s to 70F)! I guess spring has sprung -- and if the daffodils are blooming, there's not much chance that she'll have need of mittens 'til next year!
Aren't they fabulous, though? I love that she named the photos "Latvian Spring."
She writes: I've made an entrelac stripe, don't know if it would be against Latvian standard design, but I wanted to have a connection to my next work: Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole!
And so I've a swatch in a mitten.
;-)

2 comments:

Nessa Z. said...

I really love the designs in these mittens - it looks "Neo-Latvian" to me. The entrelac cuff adds lots of impact - a really innovative addition. Congrats, Willi!

Tanya said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your knitting is fantastic. I don't think I know anyone who does such intricate work! Just beautiful!