I finished the body of my mitten, but have no pictures right now since I am at home and the camera is with my husband at work. I am at home because Wednesday morning I slipped on black ice in my office parking lot and hit my head on the cement. I recall thinking, very briefly, that my day would be really shitty, and I was correct. I have a concussion and it is not fun. Having neurologic deficits is most unsettling. I am assured that these will resolve, eventually.
Anyway, I did not feel confident enough to pick up the thumb stitches until just this afternoon. That went fairly well. I did discover that the thumb chart on page 38 does not seem to start at the correct row, and so have had to wing it. I am continuing the pattern up the front of the thumb, but I've fallen back on very traditional checkerboard for the back, which I think looks just fine.
Another discovery - pain medications and patternwork are not a good mix. I have some (more)frogging to do now.