Saturday, February 17, 2007

Plodding progress


Things are moving along slowly, but looking fairly well. I ripped back and restarted the palm patterns. My row gauge is also not correct, but I will have to wait until I get to the decrease point to see what adjustments need to be made.



I cast the thumb stitches onto a crochet chain, instead of doing backwards loop as the book states. It should be easier to pick up later.

I tried using a strickfingerhut, or knitting thimble. I got it from Spin Blessing, and they shipped it to me very quickly indeed. It's a little coiled device you wear on your left hand to hold the yarns separated, so you don't have to use both hands, and it does help even out the tension. But you do waste some time waving your needle about choosing which yarn to pick up, and I went back to using both hands.
It may be useful in knitting larger items, but when you have to keep changing needles, it became annoying to have to take it off and put back on.

DH went out today and brought back a LOVELY Valentine's day gift - some Godiva chocolates that were marked down "quite a lot" (he can't remember exactly). Whatta guy! He knows they taste better to me when they're discount, even if I have to wait a few days.

I got a lesson from him on the Mysteries Of The Camera and Photo Editor today. These photos were all shot and edited by moi. The nicest things in life are sometimes small successes (like mittens).

No comments: